- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white or rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil to taste
- 1 cup warm water
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Ground peanuts (optional)
Dissolve the cornstarch in 1/2 cup of cold water; set aside.
Whisk together the soy sauce, peanut butter, brown sugar, white vinegar, sesame oil, and 1 cup warm water in a small saucepan over medium heat; simmer and stir until sugar has dissolved. Stir in the cornstarch mixture; simmer until the sauce is thick, 1 or 2 minutes. Serve warm.
This is a great salad dressing—just add more vinegar to taste—or as a sauce for appetizers, chicken satay, or veggie dippers.