Try this crunch and refreshing jicama salad recipe it’s a perfect accompaniment to your favorite Mexican dish.
Jicama Salad Ingredients
• 1 large jicama (about 1 1/2 pounds), peeled, then julienned or cubed (easiest to work with if you cut the jicama in half first)
• 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
• 1/2 yellow bell pepper, finely diced
• 1/2 green bell pepper, finely diced
• 1/2 cup chopped red onion
• 1/2 a large cucumber, seeded, chopped
• 1 navel orange, peel cut away, sliced crosswise, then each round quartered
• 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
• 1/3 cup lime juice
• Pinch of cayenne
• Pinch of paprika
• 1/2 avocado chopped
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
Jicama Salad Preparation
1 Toss together the jicama, bell peppers, red onion, cucumber, orange, and cilantro in a large serving bowl. Pour lime juice over all. Sprinkle with a pinch of cayenne and paprika. Season generously with salt.
2 Let sit a half an hour before serving.