Speed up your Metabolism Naturally – Today!
Are you interested in increasing your metabolism naturally by following a few simple guidelines?
Let’s face it; our bodies need regular fuel to keep their engines running smoothly. After years of yo-yo dieting, busy lifestyles and stress, we may even need premium!
A slowing metabolism is also one of the major causes of fatigue. So what exactly is metabolism, and how do we find that perfect balance naturally?
According to Wikepedia “metabolism is the set of chemical reactions that happen in living organisms to maintain life.” So visualize diet and nutriton, along with exercise, as your building blocks for life. Calories are literally units of energy, so the challenge is to find that balance naturally to speed up your metabolism and stay energized all day.
How do I increase my metabolism naturally?
Follow these suggestions and you will start to see a difference, today:
- Don’t skip breakfast – You will not save calories! Research has proven over and over that, just as our mothers told us, it is the most important meal of the day. TIP: Eat cereal with fruit, a smoothie, or some slow cooked oatmeal.
- Never skip a meal, period – Most experts recommend eating 3 small meals, as well as a midmorning and midafternoon snack, to keep your metabolism humming naturally. If you deprive your body of calories you’ll be likely to compensate with a pig-out when you do eat.
- Switch to whole grains – You’ll burn more fat through-out the day and during exercise than you would with the more quickly digested refined grains. They are also high in fiber and have moderate amounts of protein. The fiber rich foods slow digestion and keep energy stable.
- Get adequate protein – Gone are the days of “high-carb” diets. Make sure to include lean meats, eggs, and plenty of legumes. In dieters that got 40% of their total daily calories from protein, they lost significantly more body fat than those that didn’t. Your body needs protein to maintain lean muscle.
- Go green – Besides all those powerful antioxidants and cancer killers, studies show that drinking green tea can rev your metabolism by 5 to 8%. It also can lower blood sugars and increase fat burning. Tea also helps you to recover from stress. Green tea extract capsules up to 400mg can also be taken daily as a supplement.
- Pump iron – Don’t make all your exercise cardio. Resistance training increases your resting metabolic rate by about 7 percent, so you’ll burn more calories throughout the day. Aim for 30 minutes, 3 times a week on non-consecutive days.
- Drink more water – Staying hydrated is one of the simplest ways to keep energized and stay focused. TIP: If you have a problem drinking as much water as you need to, try making ice cubes with 100% fruit juice, and add for flavor.
- Eat Yogurt – Research studies have confirmed that eating yogurt, even while cutting calories helped people lose weight and retain lean muscle mass. The calcium in yogurt signals your fat cells to pump out less cortisol, the hormone that is known to increase belly fat, while the amino acids help burn fat. It also has the “good for you bacteria” to increase immunity.
Need some healthy and nutritious tips? Try some of these delicious ideas to flip the switch on your metabolism, naturally.
- Popcorn – Air popped it delivers. TIP: Sprinkle with chili powder, cajun spice, or parmesan cheese. Spritz with a bit of Olive Oil spray to add a bit of fat.
- Fruits and nuts – Nuts are excellent sources of protein, fiber, minerals, healthy-mono-unsaturated fats, vitamin E and omeg-3 essential fatty acids. Make a homemade trail mix and throw in some dark chocolate M & M’s!
Fruit and yogurt – Try Greek style, you’ll love it! It’s also a great lowfat alternative to sour cream.
- Fruit and cheese – You’ll get the benefit of calcium from the cheese. Try baby carrots, celery, or pepper strip with hummus.
Peanut butter with whole grain crackers. Peanut Butter contains the unsaturated fat content which helps reduce the risk of heart disease by 25%, helps increase the HDL (good cholesterol) level by as much as 30%, all while being a very good source of protein and dietary fiber.
Cereal with lowfat milk. TIP: Look for cereal with at least 5 grams of fiber.
TIP: Don’t guesstimate your calorie needs. Use this calculator from webmd to determine how many calories you burn each day, and you will soon be on your way to boosting your metabolism naturally.