If you’ve never tried a homemade tomato sauce you’ll be surprised at how easy and delicious this Italian-Style Tomato Sauce Recipe is. Tomato sauce freezes well so make plenty.
Homemade Italian Style Tomato Sauce Recipe:
2-3 tablespoons good quality olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, crushed
3 lbs. Roma tomatoes, skinned, de-seeded and chopped
Sea salt and black pepper
3 tablespoons chopped basil leaves or parsley
1. Fry the onion in the oil until it is soft and pale in color. Stir in the garlic, then the tomatoes.
2. Season, cover and simmer for around an hour and a half. Stir in the herbs. Serve as is, or blend to form a smooth, thick sauce.
3. The sauce can also be reduced to create a thick, chunky consistency. The sauce freezes well, so a big batch can be prepared, divided into containers and frozen.
Click here for nutritional information on tomatoes.
- Sponge stain with cool water immediately.
- Rub with a lemon slice or sponge lemon juice on the stain.
- Flush with water, blotting as much liquid as possible.
- Allow to dry.
If any trace of stain persists:
- Presoak in a solution of 1 quart warm water, 1/2 teaspoon dishwashing detergent, and 1 tablespoon white vinegar for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with water and launder as soon as possible.