Guava Bars Ingredients
1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup butter (softened)
14 oz. can of guava paste * more or less, depending on how thick you like your fruit layer)
* Guava paste can usually be found in the international aisle of grocery stores.
Directions for Guava Bars:
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease 1 13 x 9-inch pan, and line with parchment paper or foil.
- Use cooking spray, or lightly grease foil.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, and rolled oats.
- Cut in butter until mixture crumbles, and press half in pan.
- Slice guava paste in to pieces to cover crust, leaving about ¼ inch at the edges.
- Sprinkle remaining crust mixture over guava layer and press down with fingers or a spatula.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until crust is lightly browned, and allow to cool before cutting in to bars.
Click to read about the nutritional benefits of Guava Fruit.