This recipe is for an Elegant Tri-Berry Dessert. Whether you’re having a BBQ or an elegant dinner party, you won’t be able to resist this delicious dessert that’s perfect for summer.
Ingredients for Elegant Tri-Berry Desert
1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and drained
1 cup fresh raspberries, blackberries, or boysenberries
2 cups fresh strawberries, rinsed, hulled, and quartered
½ cup granulated sugar
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1 pinch salt
¼ cup unsalted butter, room temperature, cubed
Plain or vanilla yogurt or ice cream depending on personal taste
A couple of elegant cookies
Directions for Elegant Tri-Berry Desert
1) In a large, nonreactive sauté pan combine 1/4 cup water and 1/2 cup sugar. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar.
2) Cook 2 minutes, then add berries, lemon juice and salt.
3) Return to boil, then add butter and swirl mixture around in the pan until butter melts.
4) Spoon berries along with the sauce onto dessert plates, and if desired place a small scoop of ice cream in the center of each plate.
5) Garnish with some elegant cookies and enjoy!
6) You can make a double or triple batch and reserve for use with pancakes, French toast, or waffles.
Read about the nutritional benefits of berries.