I think that you’ll enjoy this recipe for mouthwatering crab stuffed mushrooms. It makes the perfect appetizer – you’ll probably need a double batch.
Ingredients for Crab Stuffed Mushrooms:
- 1 pound large mushrooms
- 1 stick ( 8 Tbsp) butter
- 3 green onions, minced
- 1/4 C minced red bell pepper
- 2 small, or 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 6 oz. fresh cleaned crab meat, or 1 small can (6 oz) crab meat, drained
- 1 C panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning blend
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
Instructions for Crab Stuffed Mushrooms:
1. Wipe the mushrooms with a damp paper towel and remove stem. Chop the stems, aside from the woody part, and set them aside
2. Place the mushroom caps in a baking dish, open side up and brush 3 Tbsp melted butter over them.
3. Melt remaining butter in skillet; add chopped stems, minced green onions, garlic, and red bell pepper. Cook until vegetables are tender.
4. Combine cooked ingredients with bread crumbs, crab meat, and seasonings.
5. Fill each mushroom to overflowing.
6. Sprinkle each mushroom with a little Parmesan cheese.
Bake at 350° for 20 to 30 minutes, until the mushroom caps are golden.
Did you know that mushrooms are a very waist friendly, yet nutritious food? Read about mushroom nutrition.