Ingredients for Black Bean and Corn Salad Recipe
- 1 can, 14 ounces, black beans, rinsed well and drained
- 2 cups grilled or frozen corn kernels
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-2 teaspoons hot sauce, to taste (you can always add more later)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons canola or olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Diced avocado, cilantro, cherry tomatos (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Let stand at least 15 minutes for corn to fully defrost and flavors to combine, then toss and serve. The corn will also place a quick-chill on this easy side-salad as it defrosts — no need to refrigerate!
Read about the nutritional value of corn.